WHAT WE DO
What we do is seek out charities and NPOs that want to make a building to carry out their work. We are open to helping many different types of organisation. Usually our partners are active in the fields of education, gender equality, health, culture, children rights and social cohesion. In fact any organisation that is based on the goal of 'human development' is a potential partner for BHD. Once we have identified a potential project we assess the partner organisation to see if they have the resources and experience to carry out the project. Once we have signed a collaboration agreement and the respective roles of BHD and our partners are clearly defined we start with the project.
The first step is to analyse the project together with the partner and draw up a design brief. We then look for architects to create preliminary designs based on this brief. Architects provide the preliminary design on a voluntary basis. The design is their donation, or gift, to the project. BHD then looks preferably for local partners, project architects, engineers etc. to realize the design through to completion. BHD always acts as overall project co-ordinator.
BHD relies completely on its volunteers, doners and members for support.
JOIN US and help BHD continue its with its mission. We are always looking for support both in terms of volunteers and financial contributions.
Please click here to find out how to support BHD through membership or donation. Click here to find out how to become a BHD Volunteer.
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
Free professional architectural services to non-profit organisations include:
- Needs assessment and site analysis.
- Liaison and negotiation with officials.
- Establishment of the design brief.
- Oversee selection of local firms (architects, builders etc.) to develop and realise the building.
- Supervision of the design.
- Oversee building construction supervision.
- Contract documents and tender process.
- Local Labour and skills training, professional advise about sustainable building design.
- Risk and liability management.
- Post-occupancy analysis.